Friday, December 26, 2008

this christmas.

As I get older & the longer I work in retail, the less impact the holiday season seems to have on me. I wish I didn't have to work during the holidays, but I need that paypah. ;[ Anyway, this year was no different from the past. Spent Christmas Eve at my Tita Glo's house & opened presents at midnight. Got Chestnut Ugg Mini-boots from the parentals which was no surprise & a Dooney & Bourke wristlet from my Titas. Spent Christmas Day at my Tito Jhig's house & got some dinero. Ate hella & just spent time with the family. I don't think I'd ever want to spend Christmas with anyone but my family. It's such a family oriented holiday, why would you not want to spend time with them?!

Despite the fact that I did spend time with my family & that I did enjoy myself, I feel like I'm still waiting for that extraordinary Christmas with my whole entire family together. I say this every year & probably will say this until it happens, but I truly envy those who get to spend their Christmas with most (if not all) of their cousins. Lord knows how much I appreciate mine, with the little spent with each other every couple years. If I had the money to, I'd round the whole family up and send them over here just so we could do a big holiday shebang. Blahblahblah. I wish.

OH & I went to mass at 11:30 with the fams and honestly, I was thinking some super not for Church type shit. HAHA. Me & my girls always talk about how during sex, people think about other things. & we agreed that does happen, like thinking about what's going on later that night.. or what's on tv.. or what you're in the mood to eat after sex - yaddayaddaya! This clearly ISN'T something I should be thinking about during church, but it made me laugh. AND THEN lightbulb went off in my head! If we do that during sex, then priests must do it during mass! I mean it's kinda the same thing right? They're supposed to be focused on concecrating the bread & wine, but maybe they're thinking about what they're doing later also! Hahahha ohmaaan, think about it. It's so true! -=P

1 comment:

Jessica-Joan said...

i agree. christmas is just not the same when you work retail, because it doesn't hit you as hard as it used to :[ i didn't even get to spend it with any family

and hahhaha & your last paragraph. so true.